By - Isaac Olawole Joseph
Pedicure is a cosmetic treatment of the feet and toenails. While it might be time consuming, it is definitely worth the amount of time expended on it. We have itemized below, some basic steps you need to follow in carrying out your pedicure.
Use A Creamy Pumice Scrub: This will give a good fragrance while scrubbing your feet. There are various flavoured scrubs available in the market. Most times, the peppermint scrub is highly recommended.
Always Use A Cream Or Moisturizer: This cream helps to cleanse properly and add shine to the skin, especially if it contains lemon.
Now, the basic steps:
1. Sit back and soak your feet in warm water first.
2. Add lemon juice, salt or bath salt and essential oils to it.
3. Soak your feet in the warm water for 15 minutes.
4. Then take clean warm water and clean your feet using this for about 30 seconds.
5. Now start your regular exfoliating procedure.
6. Exotic stones & flowers can be added to this water for better stress relief and results.
7. If you have anyone for assistance, tell them to give you a nice massage before you do the final step of washing and drying your feet.
8. Pat dry using a soft towel.
9. After applying the nail paint, soak your toenails in icy water; this will help in preventing the nail-paint from smudging and also help in drying faster.
10. Before putting the varnish on, try to wipe your toenails with the remover because nails need to be completely dry.
11. You can use olive oil instead of cuticle oil.
12. Enjoy yourself, read a book, relax or simply listen to music while giving yourself a pedicure. This helps in pampering your feet in a much better way. Don’t be too hard on your feet. Go gentle and polite on them.
These pedicure tips and tricks are simple to do; though people still forget some of these basic steps. Ensure you keep your hands light while cutting and trimming the nails’ especially if you are a first timer. This is because nails become very soft when soaked in water. You can easily hurt your beautiful fingers if you are not careful. Ensure you pamper your feet with utmost care
Copyright © Time out In Amazing Africa (TIA Africa) 2019. All Rights Reserved.